Top 10 Kerosene Heater Safety Tips - Part 2
Here is the second half of the Top 10 important safety tips for your kerosene heaters:
6) Kids and Pets Parents of babies, toddlers and young children, as well as pet owners, should be aware that touching any part of an operating kerosene heater above the open flame could result in a serious burn.
7) Safety Cages Use a safety cage to keep small children and pets at a distance.
8) Moving Never attempt to move a lighted kerosene heater. Even a carrying handle could cause a burn. Extinguish the flame and allow the heater to cool before moving it.
9) Refueling Never refuel a kerosene heater in living quarters or when the heater is still hot. Wait for it to cool.
10) Sleeping Turn off your kerosene heater before you go to sleep. Fire officials strongly urge to use your central heating system while the family is sleeping.